Del Toro Auto Insurance ReviewFriday, 08 November 2013 17:08
Del Toro Insurance sells auto insurance products to the South Florida with extensive advertising campaigns and markets its products to high-risk drivers in this area. Del Toro is not a widely known insurance company, but it has grown in the South Florida market since 1998 and works with larger insurance companies that underwrite its customers’ policies. Del Toro sells the minimum liability coverage required by Florida along with other coverage options. The company’s quality of service and financial status is relatively unknown due to the lack of customer reviews and independent third party ratings.
Company Background Information
Del Toro is a relatively new company that started offering auto insurance in the state of Florida in 1998 and still offers its insurance mostly in the Miami-Dade county area. Del Toro is headquartered in Miami, Florida and currently has 14 office locations throughout Florida. The company sells insurance policies that are underwritten by its insurance partners, UAIC, Windhaven, Ocean Harbor, Progressive and Bristol West to non-standard and standard drivers in South Florida. The company does some of its advertising in Spanish and markets its insurance to both the Spanish and English speaking populations of South Florida. Del Toro has not been rated by A.M. Best or by J.D. Power.
Pros of Del Toro Car Insurance
- Bilingual customer support for Spanish speakers
- Tailors its products to the South Florida market
Cons of Del Toro Car Insurance
- Relatively new insurance provider that is not very well known
- Very little information available on coverage options
- No J.D. Power or A.M. Best ratings
Any information about auto insurance discounts is not mentioned website; prospective customers would have to call to get more information on discounts.
Types of Insurance Offered
Del Toro lists the following types of coverage on its website:
- Liability coverage – covers the minimum legal liability required by Florida law.
- Personal injury protection – covers drivers and family members for up to 80% of medical expenses and up to 60% for lost income as well as a death benefit. This coverage is also required by Florida law.
- Medical payment coverage – this is an additional supplement to the medical coverage that is included in personal injury protection.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage – covers the cost of treating injuries to the driver and passengers that resulted from an at-fault collision from an uninsured driver.
- Collision – covers damages to the policy holder’s vehicle resulting from an accident.
- Comprehensive – covers vehicle damages not considered to be collision based damages.
- Other types of supplementary coverage such as towing reimbursement are offered.
The Del Toro website has an extensive glossary that defines many of the most common terms that are used in the auto insurance industry. Policy holders can make a payment online or submit a claim from the website. There is a list of Florida office locations for prospective customers along with phone numbers. The website is quite minimal and does not offer much information about any unique discounts or features of Del Toro compared to other insurance providers. Visitors cannot get a free quote from the website and must call a Del Toro office for a quote.
We could not find any reviews of Del Toro Insurance online, most likely due to the fact that it is a new and small market insurance provider. There was one unresolved complaint on the company’s BBB website.
There is very little information available on Del Toro Insurance so it’s hard to make a recommendation one way or the other. The company might be considered as an option for non-standard drivers in South Florida, but Del Toro’s quotes should definitely be compared with other companies. If you are shopping non-standard or standard insurance now you can compare rates from several providers by entering your zip code on this page.
Compare Quotes and Save Hundreds a Year on Car Insurance
The easiest way to make sure that you are getting the best rates is to ask for quotes from different insurance companies. Get started comparing quotes now!
|AM Best Score||N/A|
|JD Power Rating||N/A|